Quogue’s first schoolhouse, built in 1822, is open to the public during the summer months.
Schoolhouse, left, on Quogue Street, ca. 1875; Gardiner house, right. Photo by George Bradford Brainerd, courtesy of the Brooklyn Museum.
Schoolhouse on the Posts’ property on Quogue Street, where it was used as a toolshed, 1900-1948.
Schoolhouse in 1949, when it was moved to its current location behind the Quogue Library.
Exhibit in the early days of the schoolhouse museum.