On May 12, 1659, John Ogden purchased a large tract of land that extended from Canoe Place west to Beaver Creek Dam, now Westhampton. (1797 Map of Southampton, NYS Archives)
Diorama of the 1659 Quogue Purchase, on display at the Pond House.
Quogue Street, ca. 1890. The street is wider than others in the village, a reminder of its original use to drive cattle and sheep to pasture.
Shepherd’s cottage, built by John Foster in the early 18th century, now a private residence.